The Old Irving Park News is a hyper local monthly* newsletter focused on informing and inspiring our resident members about our community’s people, organizations and businesses. With a monthly circulation approaching 600, dedicated resident volunteers distribute the newsletter to OIPA members’ doorsteps and OIPA mails courtesy copies to elected officials and advertisers. Regular newsletter features include summaries of general meetings and board meetings, committee reports, treasurer’s statement, and real estate sale statistics and assorted neighborhood news. To receive a newsletter all you have to do is join the Old Irving Park Association. If you’d like to advertise, click here.
* For our upcoming year, there will be no January or July 2018 issues of the Old Irving Park News.
All members are welcome to submit articles and/or photographs for publication to our newsletter designer and editor, Kathleen Kearns firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission guidelines include the following:
- Monthly deadline: the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Please note, we do not produce newsletters for January, June or July. Therefore, please do not send submission in December, May or June. Submissions received after the 3rd Tuesday or during December, May, or June will be held over for a future month’s issue, pending the editor’s review.
- Please make your e-mail subject something like, “OIPA newsletter submission”. Kathleen works on many newsletters/publications, so this will allow her to easily identify your article as one for our newsletter.
- Please include your contact information in your e-mail (name, phone and organization you are representing with the article).
- Want to share an important date (regardless of whether or not you mention it in your article submission)? Please specifically note it/call it out in your e-mail message to Kathleen when submitting your article.
- Article length: Please keep your submissions to one page. One page that includes a photo and caption is about 325 words. A page without a photo is about 400 words. You don’t need to hit those numbers on the nose, but it will give you a good idea of how much we may need to cut to get the article onto one page.
- Photos: If you have another photo or two that identifies people, you can always send these for the Social Network pages. Please include not only the names of the people pictured, but the photographer’s name as well.
- Social media or website info: If your organization has these, perhaps include them at the end of your articles so interested members can be directed to your other sites.