Why join? Because good neighborhoods don’t just happen. They’re the result of a community working together. OIPA’s members have successfully tackled countless issues, together, since 1983.
By joining OIPA, you can make a difference. Some of OIPA’s accomplishments include:
- Blocked the construction of an asphalt plant adjacent to residential homes
- Worked with the city and neighbors to downzone many areas, so that fewer out of scale buildings would be constructed
- Campaigned against replacing single homes with two or more on one lot, thereby preserving greenspace and street parking
- Hosted candidate forums for the community with elected officials and those seeking public office
- Helped create neighborhood Kolmar playlot
- Financed public art appearing on neighborhood viaducts and planters
- Fostered beautification through the street banner program and planters along the Irving Park Road corridor
You can join and pay with credit card, debit card, or paypal in two easy steps:
Step 1 – Payment. Select your membership type in the dropdown box below. This will send you to Paypal, where you can pay via PayPal, credit or debit card. Note that online payments include an extra $1 handling fee. After completing this step, you will receive a separate e-mail from PayPal confirming your payment.
Step 2 – Contact Information. After you complete your payment, PayPal will redirect you to our membership form to collect your name, spouse/partner name, address, and other information so that we can send you the fabulous newsletter. (Oops! Did you close that membership page but have already paid? No worries, just click here to complete your membership information).
If you are unable to join online, you can download and print a membership application by clicking here. Complete the form and send it with a check to Meredith O’Sullivan, 4061 W. Warwick Avenue, Chicago, 60641.
Not sure if you live in our boundaries? Click here